Tuesday, July 15, 2008

INSIDE MY HEART

My book for this week. I've had this book for a while now and this week I decided to read it. Its sooooo nice to read about how Robin McGraw talks about being a supportive wife and "home executive" as if its one of The most glorified jobs there is. I suppose if you lucky enough to be doing something you love then it doesn't matter what it is - you will love it...
I guess because I'm home three months before my due date I've been feeling like I'm wasting time laying in bed when I could have taken more time out after the birth of our baby. However I do realize that its a much needed rest for both the safety of our little one and myself. Laying on my back is giving me allot more time to think about if I'm really happy when it comes all the aspects of my life (I know the man God chose for me is pretty close to the perfect husband), however I'm not so sure if I can say the same about the work I do and my future. I feel like I'm at a cross roads and its time I start making important choices about what I want for the rest of my life. It makes me sad to hear of woman who reaches their 40's, 50's and even 60's (especially those who has been house wives / suck in dead end jobs) and they depressed because they feel like they've waisted the years God has given them. I'm only 27 years old and today I can still choose not to be one of them someday.
Its always been my dream to be a supportive wife and stay at home mother, but at the same time when my children leave home someday I don't want to feel like I have no life, because I made them my life (just before I got married my mom told me we raised you to be another man's wife someday and I must say they've done a splendid job). I know the day will come when my children will be married and that day I want to be proud on a job well done. I would like to then know that, that part of my life is over and I that its time to move on to the next phase of my life. I also don't want to feel like I was stagnated in my career that was taking me nowhere. That my Job description has not changed since starting my career. When I'm old and grey I want to look back and be proud of being that supportive wife, a mom whose been there for my children as well as to be proud of my own achievements in life.
I'm beginning to realize that since we starting a family its more than just Cecil D that I need to look out for. In the book Robin also speaks about how her mom passed on at an early age, because she put every other person in her life before herself. It made me realize the importance of taking care of yourself so you can take care of your loved ones. For examples: I know that my family has a history of a few chronic ailments, so I'm going to start taking better care of myself in order to avoid getting those ailments myself. If that means going for tests to make sure that I do not have them as well as decrease my chances of getting them - then that's exactly what I need to do. Prevention is better than cure. I'll also have to make a plan to get in some exercise again I have not done that since before I got married - Good thing we have ladies gym's these days and since my medical aid covers a huge portion of it I guess there is no excuses anymore.
Wise words from WMB: "Without A Vision The People Perish". While I've got no where to go and nothing to do I plan to think about what my passion in life is, make it my vision and work towards is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all ... when can I have a browse at your bookshelf? I think you might have an interesting collection!!!

Last year I resigned from a well-paid job to be closer to my children during the day and to have more time to spend with them ... I DON'T REGRET IT ONE BIT ... miss the moula, maybe, but it will never make up for what I (we)have now.

Lovely post!!!

Verna's Chatter said...

Thanks Addie
You right moula is not everything. If I could find something I love whilest be there for my future kiddies then that would be haveing my cake and eating it (boy do I wish I can make that a reality). Good luck with the studies...