Saturday, January 17, 2009

Back in the land of the living...



Yes I'm back finally. Between Asenath and work I been neglecting my blog, but I'm back and hope to post more often.

Life in the Damons house will never be the same again... Because I'm back at work Ashy stays with gran and gramps during the week and comes home weekend. So my weeks have become much longer. I miss her all day - everyday and when Friday comes along its like it just takes to long to become 17:00. We must have done something right cause she's the sweetest little Simba Chipy ever. We thought the sleepless nights were going to last forever, but to our surprise when she was about 2 months old she started sleeping right through from about 20:30 till 05:00 in the morning (our little alarm clock) However now she refuses to take long naps during the day. She's growing sooooo fast I can't believe just a few weeks ago I came home with our little mustard seed (Mathew 17:20 - If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; AND NOTHING SHALL BE IMPOSSIBLE UNTO YOU).

When we with her she gets to hear a bedtime story the way only daddy can tell one about the 3 little piggies and (wolf - the way you say it in Afrikaans) She loves it when mommy eats her fingers and actually passes the one hand after the other to me. I don't know who told her that you use the word Ja when you want attention and neeeeeeee when you don't like something. Mommy tries to speak proper English to her - while daddy speaks regte Afrikaans. Who knows mommy just might become a stay at him mom in the not soooo distant future and look after Simba Chipy.


glitter-graphics.com

That's all for now - chat to you soon...

No comments: